We have a heavy mist this morning, like a gothic novel is happening in the neighborhood. I hope it comes back tomorrow, when we're going to the Renfair with friends. Also finally got a good night's sleep last night. The bottle of hard cider probably helped.
Cheap Book thing:
Night Shade Books has put the Kindle US version of The Cloud Roads on sale for $1.99. (Down from normal price of $7.99) Probably a promo for The Siren Depths, which will be out next month. (You can read the first two chapters on my web site here.)
* How to help in New York City after Hurricane Sandy A list of organizations to donate to is at the bottom of the post.
* The donation page for the Red Cross.
* My agent, Jennifer Jackson, is doing a charity auction for hurricane Sandy relief: You can bid on a critique of a partial manuscript.
* Solar Water Disinfection I keep a collection of empty plastic soda bottles as part of our hurricane kit.
* Writer Marie Brennan has an autographed book sale to benefit disaster relief.
* Kickstarter for The 2013 John Picacio Calendar This would make a great Christmas gift.
November 2nd, 2012