* The Hugo Eligible Art(ists) Tumblr lots of gorgeous art by Hugo-eligible artists.
* SF Signal: Catherine Lundoff on LGBT Science Fiction and Fantasy in the 1970s
* Announcing the Writing Excuses/Carl Brandon Scholarship
* The Writing Cafe's Survey of Fantasy and What People Want to See More of
Book rec: The Chocolate Temptation by Laura Florand
Romantic Times acclaims Laura Florand's work as "sensuous and sumptuous", nominating her for Best Book of the Year, and NPR says it's "explosive, sensual...and utterly sweet". Now, in her sixth book in the internationally bestselling Amour et Chocolat series, Florand takes us into a top Paris restaurant's pastry kitchen and into the hearts and irresistible temptations of its chefs in The Chocolate Temptation.
* An original graphic novel from Gregory Wilson and Matt Slay about a being who falls from the sky to save a world from tyranny.
Gregory Wilson and I have team-taught at the WorldCon writing workshops for the past three years, and you should definitely check out his graphic novel.
* Women Destroy Science Fiction! is a special issue of the Hugo Award-nominated magazine LIGHTSPEED entirely written—and edited—by women.
This kickstarter has already doubled its goal, but it has some really cool rewards. This is the online magazine that published my novella "Holy Places" in its ebook only issue in November 2013.
* Two new urban fantasy novellas featuring half-fatae PI Danny Hendrickson: "The Work of Hunters" and "An Interrupted Cry" by Laura Anne Gilman
January 17th, 2014