I also usually do a drawing for signed copies, but in light of hurricane Sandy, I wanted to do something a little different.
To enter the drawing for an autographed trade paperback copy of The Siren Depths, the third Books of the Raksura novel:
1) Make a donation to an organization for hurricane Sandy relief, such as the Red Cross, or any of the organizations listed at the bottom of this post by TimeOut New York, or here on this post by Forgotten New York, or one of the organizations doing relief for Sandy's damage in the Caribbean, like Global Giving. The Huffington Post also lists a bunch of organizations you can donate to, including some international ones.
2) The donation can be any amount, though a minimum of $5.00 would be nice. (This is on the honor system, but I will ask the winners to send me the e-receipt for their donation, with the address you want the book sent to, how you want it personalized, etc.)
3) To enter, make a comment on this post with the name of the organization you donated to. It would be good if you listed the amount, but if you really don't want to you don't have to.
4) On Wednesday morning I'll draw a minimum of five winners (more if we have a lot of entries) randomly and announce them.
5) Please spread the word!
ETA 6) If LJ or Dreamwidth won't let you post here, email me through my web site and I'll put your entry in the drawing.
The things you must remember:
* these are my author's copies so they arrived early. I don't know when the book will start showing up in stores, but I bet it will probably be around mid to late November.
* the original release date for the book was December 4, so the ebooks will not be available until that date. This is something that is decided by the publisher, just like the price of the book, the availability, the cover, etc.
If you can't donate, you can enter the GoodReads giveaway, or you can enter both this giveaway and the GoodReads giveaway.
Night Shade Books has put the Kindle US version of The Cloud Roads on sale for $1.99. (Down from normal price of $7.99)